Graniterra imports natural granite slabs straight from quarries all over the world including China, Brazil, Italy and the U.S.
Visit our showroom or call us at .
Granite is a naturally durable igneous rock made up of quartz, mica, and feldspar that is used for many construction purposes including kitchen and bathroom countertops. All granite stone is at least 20 percent quartz and occurs in many natural colors and textures that can create a variety of unique looks in a kitchen or bathroom.
Because of its natural aesthetics and durability, granite is the most popular choice for countertops and adds the most value to a home.
Our expert field installers will perform granite countertop installation in St. Louis and the surrounding area.
You receive countertop installation to exacting standards, guaranteeing your 100% satisfaction. We never use sub-contractors. When you select from our in-stock inventory of granite colors, we guarantee completion of your home or office countertop project from Templating date to installation within 15 business days.
Finishes and Edges
While granite countertops have seemingly endless options for colors and patterns, they are mostly available in two main finish types, honed and polished (glossy). Honed finishes have a matte look that in some situations gives granite countertops the appearance of other materials like soapstone. Polished finishes on granite countertops are good for reflecting light which can make a small kitchen or bathroom feel much larger. Other finish types available for granite countertops include sandblasted, brushed, and flamed looks.
The edging of a countertop has a huge impact on its overall look and granite countertops have the most edge options available.
- Eased Edgeoned: The most simple edge option available.
- Bullnose and Beveled Edges: These edges are more rounded and detailed than eased edges and they are cut at an angle with a rounded, downward flow.
- Ogee, DuPont, and Triple Waterfall Edges: These edges are very detailed and are often used to create many high-end looks for more elaborate kitchens and bathrooms. They can complement any interior design, but are also more expensive than other edge options.
- Curved Edging: This option features curved edges and corners as opposed to the naturally sharp edges and corners for a softer, more comfortable look.
Colors and Patterns
Granite stone naturally occurs in many colors and hues such as white, red, blue, and gold and it is found in three basic patterns; solid, marble, and speckled.
- Marbled Granite: Granite in this pattern has the appearance of marble with a nice transition of color and texture. Marbled patterns work particularly well with light colored granite slabs.
- Speckled Granite: Granite stone is formed from magma that cools during the formation and creates speckles in the texture for many unique looks and patterns.
We work for the best quality of services for our clients and our clients appreciate us for that.
Advantages of Granite Countertops
- Durability: Granite countertops are scratch, heat, and stain resistant and therefore you can expect a lifetime of enjoyment.
- Maintenance: Granite countertops are relatively easy to clean and they can resist stains and moisture. Most types of granite do not require sealing.
- Versatile Design Options: The variety of naturally occurring colors and patterns in granite stone allows for a wide range of unique looks. Granite countertops are widely considered to be the most desired option for their aesthetics and they add more value to your home than other countertops.