In this post, we list the most important factors you should consider as you begin your bathroom remodeling project.
Are you thinking about your next home improvement project?
If you have been considering a new bathroom, here are some tips to get you started.
- Budget: First things first. As you begin to dream up your new bathroom, you need to set a budget. This will help set limitations and give you an idea on which materials to consider. Material costs vary dramatically & choices are endless. Therefore, knowing what you want to spend is where you need to start.
- Necessities: Do you need more storage? Do you need a second sink or vanity? Do you prefer a bigger shower in place of the tub that is never used? Make a list of your priorities.
- Structural changes: Do you hope to add on to your bathroom by knocking down a wall or creating an addition? Would it be more convenient if the shower was on the opposite wall? A professional can help you understand what’s possible considering your structural, plumbing and electrical limitations, and advise you on how to make the most of your space.
- Style: This is the fun part. Keep a file of pictures that appeal to you, or better yet go to the website Houzz. It’s a great resource for viewing and keeping track of ideas. Visiting a bath showroom, such as Graniterra, will inspire you and let you experience details and design firsthand.
- Materials: There are an overwhelming amount of choices. Once your style and budget is determined, you will be able to narrow down your choices. A designer will be able to show you all the possibilities, guide you in achieving your dream bath and get you the most bang for your buck.
- Storage is important. Make sure you have a place for all your goodies.
- Don’t forget to consider lighting needs. Lighting is important and should not be considered just an accessory.
- Details can make all the difference: an extra shelf here, another towel rack there. In-floor heating, heated towel racks, and rain showerheads are just a few extras that can give a feel to any size bathroom
Need help with your bathroom remodel in the St Louis area?
Call us today at 314.533.3366
Graniterra is the leading supplier of granite countertops, quartz countertops, and natural stone in the St Louis area. With over 30 years in the stone business, we have the experience to deliver a perfect project, from design to installation. Request a quote